Saturday, June 14, 2014

[116] Afternoon Tea

I was browsing Pixiv the other day and was really inspired by the background art there, particularly those bright, lighthearted, fantasy-ish scenes - like with a couple of characters in the foreground just chilling or doing some random stuff against a big, epic backdrop. So I tried to do a painting along those lines.

The rendering was really challenging for me in this image. Honestly, part of the reason why it's a more stylized image is because I wasn't very confident in making it look "realistic"? I still lack a lot of knowledge in areas like material indication and design. I also could've pushed this image further and adjusted some mistakes, but at this point I think I'm just gonna call it done (and move on to something new to draw!).

Afternoon Tea

Plus steps! The detailing stage was quite a struggle for me as well. Definitely an area I need more practice with (as usual).


No comments:

Post a Comment